Saturday, July 28, 2012

Back in the Saddle

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!  
In the grand Bingham tradition of giving chimpanzee-related birthday cards and treats to each other, 
well, here ya go:



  
It's not as good as knitting you a sweater out of eyelashes or tears, but it's still beautiful.



And wowee, wow, wowzers! I am finally home. And seeing as how Cindy is off trying to find friends to play with and Luke is playing Lego Star Wars in a glazed-over, coma-like state of mind, it's kind of like we never left!! We took six days to drive out to Utah and three to come home, so I was thinking the trip home would be HORRIFIC. But while the starting two, 14-hour days in a row were a little long, they were very manageable with my awesome children and their bladders of steel. In fact, on Wednesday we left Utah at 6:30am and only had to make two stops before we made it to Amarillo, TX for the night. Killer! There is so much to say and to re-cap about this trip- but I promise to be quick and post 12,000 words a day so I can be done telling you all about it by September. Let's start it off with a little comparison shot. Here are my children sitting on a log near Bryce Canyon when we went down to the Panguitch family reunion three years ago:





And here are my children this year after I made them hike about half a mile back to the exact same log to take this picture. They were in SUCH a good mood by then...






I love that Luke is still wearing a Spiderman shirt all those years later.


And hopefully Monday I will be handing out my 2012 Roadie Awards, where we find out who was the MVP of the road trip- the GPS or my kids. It's going to be a nail biter!!

1 comment:

Mags said...

Ok, I'm a bum. I do have a great memory of your Dad. It was Stake Conference and he was one of the counselors. I watched the Orton boys back then. Jamison was 4 years old. David sat next to me. Your dad was being reverent listening while the speaker was doing his thing. However in our row, Jamison had his shoes off and laying on the bench. Up comes his socked foot and rests against David's cheek for a few moments. David was surprised, and that was the only time I ever saw your dad break his composure. He regained it rather fast. Boy did I almost lose it too.