It may come as a surprise, but coming up with the actual topic for the top ten each week is definitely the hardest part. I got a great suggestion from my brother-in-law, Sean- which actually spawned about 5 different top ten lists last night at my dad's house - but here is Sean's requested list! And we threw in a bonus list just to show how much we care. ('We' being myself, Dave, and my dad.)
General Conference was held over the weekend and Sunday's session happened to land on April Fool's Day. I didn't notice anything different while we watched it on TV, but an excellent source of mine tells me that behind the scenes, it was a whole different story....
TOP TEN PRACTICAL JOKES THE GENERAL AUTHORITIES/Q of 12 PLAYED ON EACH OTHER OVER THE WEEKEND:
10. President Monson telling the new General Authorities "Nice beige shirt!" to see which ones would go home and change
9. Bishop Burton replacing all the choir's sheet music with copies of the autobiography of Al Roker
8. Elder Packer putting an "Obama is my Co-pilot" bumper sticker on the back of Elder Oaks' car
7. The annual "Quorum of the 12 Snipe hunt" for all new GAs on Friday night
6. Elder Bednar dusting off the ol' "The Three Nephites were in your apartment last night" trick
5. Elder Cook installing a giant timer on the pulpit that counts down time by 4s
4. Elder Perry tying together the other apostles' shoelaces before it's their turn to talk
3. Right before getting up to speak, Pres. Monson whispered to Uchtdorf, "Watch this, I am going to announce a temple in Cuba"
2. 'Someone' stealing Elder Ballard's talk and substituting every use of "The Holy Spirit" with "McGyver"
1. Every time someone got up to speak, Elder Hales ripped a giant piece of fabric
But wait, there's more!
TOP FIFTEEN WORDS WE REALLY WISH WE COULD HEAR FROM THE PULPIT AT GENERAL CONFERENCE:
11. remote-controlled grinch
6. clown shoes
5. shasta beast
2. corn nut