Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Luke Quickie

I have to confess something I don't want to, but the truth hurts. We are having a little bit of a roach problem in our house right now. Okay, it's Florida, who doesn't have a roach problem, right?  But between the rains that have come the last week and all the leaves and trees in our yard, we are seeing quite a few of the little guys around here lately that are trying to get in to stay dry. This is bad enough, but too add to the fun, Luke is deathly afraid of roaches. Well, all bugs in general. He shrieks in a manner only akin to being brutally murdered at even the slightest sight of anything buggy- daddy long legs, bee, moth, ant, whatever. It's a little embarrassing. Okay, it's actually A LOT embarrassing. His reaction to the one time there was a jumping spider in the car almost made me crash and die in a fiery explosion. The other day his preschool teacher even told me "Wow, Luke is really afraid of spiders isn't he?" It is NOT. GOOD. Anyway, last night at 3:43am Luke calmly woke me up to tell me that there was a roach in his room. I came in to find a little one crawling near the baseboard of his bed. I could not for the life of me figure out why he was so calm. I had heard no weeping, wailing or gnashing of teeth before he woke me, so what was going on? Finally after church today I asked him how he didn't scream when he saw it. He said, "I just screamed really, really quietly so I wouldn't wake you up. Then I wiped off my tears and came and got you." And that is the SADDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. He truly is the most considerate spaz I have ever met.

1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

OH! Poor Luke, he can come stay with us. I too and freakishly afraid of all bugs!