Friday, July 16, 2010

The results are in!

And I officially ROCKED the Indian Lore merit badge. Oh, I suppose realizing that the kids were barely making eye contact or some were failing to register a pulse may discourage some counselors, but not me! I persevered with my gripping tales of Seminole food preperation! Gave them a riveting dissertation on the origins of Indian Place Names in Florida! And I dazzled them with my dice game made entirely of peach pits! True, they did look a little like Native American Al-Qaeda trainees when left to their own devices with the turban fabric, and we probably could have made an actual, life-size, 20-log Chickee in LESS time than it took them to build a miniature model out of popsicle sticks, but dangit! I think they had a good time. And where else are they going to see a Choctaw Christmas ornament? Huh? Exactly. I was born for this.

Part of my class. Hyper there in the back corner was just out of control! Not really, he just wanted to build his Chickee- he don't have no stinkin' time for turbans!!

You have no idea how hard these model Chickees were to produce. Have miracles ceased in modern times? I say unto you nay, for these somehow came to be, and 14 scouts now have a merit badge with my face on it. Okay, not really, but a lot more people would volunteer to be counselors if that were how it worked. Just an idea, BSA...

No comments: