Friday, July 9, 2010

Quickies

Courtesy of Luke

The other night I was telling Luke the story of the 3 Little Pigs. I told him about the three houses and what each one was made of. Then I told him about the wolf blowing down the straw and the stick house, but that the brick house was too strong. Suddenly his eyes got big and he looked kinda concerned. He turned and looked at his bedroom wall and then turned back to me and asked, "Mom, what is our house made of?" He was very relieved when I said bricks. (Even though I was SUPER tempted to say straw just to see what would happen....)

Courtesy of Cindy

A few nights ago I was working on a sewing project. (pictures to come of that one) Cindy got a little too curious with my seam ripper and ended up snapping the little sharp tip off. I was a little bit miffed, shall we say. She disappeared for a little while and then came back and gave me a sealed envelope. On the outside it said "To Mom." (I would soon learn that inside was a lovely "I'm sorry" note.) She handed it to me and then said, "You might want to say thank you after you read this." Ha! I did say thank you, but it was in the form of "Thank you for not touching my sewing stuff anymore, ever, for the rest of your life."


And finally, courtesy of Cindy via my Mom

While we were at the beach last week with Brian and Kelly, my mom kept trying to coax Cindy to come into the water. Cindy just kept refusing. Finally, after my mom asked her for the umpteenth time, she wrinkled her nose at my mom and said, "Grandma, I'm really just here for the shells." Seriously, people! Where does this come from???

No comments: