Sunday, July 18, 2010

Behold my craftiness!

Cindy and I are headed out to Utah in a few days for Brian and Kelly's wedding. Kelly's colors are coral and light teal (so pretty) so I have been all over the map as far as what to have Cindy wear. Ivory dress with coral sash? Teal dress with ivory sash? Coral dress with no sash? Entire dress made out of actual coral? So after almost buying about a million different dresses, I finally decided to have Cindy match me. I am going with the ever perky, always popular black skirt and coral cardigan combo, so with a little jimmy rigging of the black dress Cindy wore to Uncle Nathan's wedding last July, and sewing a little jacket and matching sash- Voila! For about $12 I have remedied the wedding situation! Here are a few pics to prove that I can actually sew something other than a small bean bag. Not well, of course, but I can.

I can't believe I made this and it turned out well enough to actually wear in public!


This was the first time Cindy put on the jacket and did not go into convulsions about how it "itches". I have decided that an itchy piece of clothing is Cindy's kryptonite. It would kill her. And no, her ears are not pierced, those are some hideously cheap coin machine clip-ons that I may or may not let her wear on the big day. Film at 11 on that one...


And the nanosecond we were done taking pictures, she was back to playing my new iPod Touch. I have created a monster! And it ain't me, babe!



Oh, and just in case Kelly is reading this....I am a little worried that the coral that Cindy and I are sporting is a little too "electric", I am thinking the coral you were hoping for was a lot lighter, but hopefully by matching each other we won't stick out too bad and you will still love us, right? Right?

1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

It looks so so cute! I am excited to see you girls this week!