Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I'm Not Programmed For This

Our Primary program for sacrament meeting was this past Sunday.  I always get really nervous about it, but to be honest, it really isn't that big of a deal.  I mean, if your Primary kids can read, you can have a program with little to no practice.  This year everyone remembered their talks and only two kids had a moment of terror and bailed on me just before making it to the podium.  And bonus, we ended pretty much on time! Which makes me look like some sort of evil genius, but it's really the kids, the chorister, and my counselors behind the scenes who deserve all the credit.  Although, I have been thinking over the past few days of ways to make the program even better for next year. Watch out, Highlands Ward, I got some big plans...

TOP TEN CHANGES I AM MAKING TO THE PRIMARY PROGRAM NEXT YEAR

10. All songs will be selected from the hymnal, children's songbook and anything written by Boyz II Men
9.  Upgraded seating assignments for kids whose parent's send me cat videos
8.  15 minute intermission to allow everyone to eat a Dairy Queen Blizzard
7.  T-shirt cannon revamped to increase range all the way to the overflow
6.  My secretary will live tweet everything the Sunbeams are doing #myshoelacesaresnakes
5.  CTR 4's assigned 20 minute talks
4.  Live reenactment of Noah's ark will NOT include wolf spiders
3.  Cub Scout air guitar quartet will have two musical numbers, not just one
2.  Teachers can sit with the congregation but will not be exempt from Dizzy Bat competition
1.  More cowbell

Bring it on, 2015.

No comments: