Saturday, November 1, 2014

Another Halloween in the Books

Once again Halloween lasted for about two weeks here in Sweeneyville.  With the Primary Fall Festival the week before, and then the Bartow parade the day before actual Halloween night, this holiday never seemed to end.  But I am not necessarily complaining, just ready to move on...

Remember that stick from our visit to Georgia?  
















Well, it made an awesome staff for my little Malificent. All that work to haul it home by opening up the back seat into the trunk was totally worth it.  Luke's costume actually has a foam shell that you stuff with newspaper to make it stand up. He told me at the end of the night that he put all his empty candy wrappers in there.  Better than on the floor!


The Fall Festival turned out great again. Everyone in our ward helps out so much that it's a huge success without even really trying.  Wait, just kidding, it's actually very, very hard and I almost have a nervous breakdown every year.  And I should be released. Possibly.


This is the only picture I have of me in my pirate/swashbuckler hat and outfit.  And I didn't really get any more pictures of the kids from that night at all. Hey, when you are running the cake walk and making announcements, it's kinda hard.





We had a fantastic time at the Bartow Halloween parade once again.  The kids begged, I mean, worked hard for their candy.






The girls

For actual Halloween night we headed over to a friend's house to go trick-or-treating as a big group. I think it's the start of a new tradition.  Perfect neighborhood, perfect group :)










At the full-sized candy bar house in the neighborhood, Luke chose the regular Hershey bar.  Of course.  And Charlotte McKendrick chose to photobomb me and Cindy.  Of course :)

No comments: