Monday, September 8, 2014

Not one, not two, but THREE Luke Quickies

The other night for Family Home Evening, Cindy made a lesson about being kind to others that featured an owl. ("Owl tweet others the way I want to be tweeted!" Ha!) We got to put a piece of the owl (beak, legs, eyes, etc.) onto the picture every time we picked a good way to be kind to others.  After Jacob picked a good one, he told Cindy, "Put a wing on it."  And then quietly from the end of the table Luke said, "If you liked it then you shoulda put a wing on it." Once again proving that you just never know when your kids are listening.

One of the first homework assignments Luke had for school this year was to bring in five objects about him to share with the class.  One of them was a family picture and he was supposed to fill out a 3x5 card telling all about the object.  He didn't know what to say, so I was giving him ideas.  I said, "You could tell something about each family member, our names, what we like to do....." And then for fun I said, "Also you could even tell who is your favorite family member." Cindy overheard me say that and was outraged.  She told Luke he could absolutely NOT pick a favorite family member.  Luke didn't see what the big deal was and just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, I was just gonna say it was Dad." And then I was outraged.

Yesterday after a baptism at Church, my kids were eating some of the cookies that were provided as refreshments.  Luke ate one of his cookies, but the second one he had taken was not disappearing very fast. It appeared to be a little overdone and I asked him why he wasn't really eating it.  He said, "I don't really like the crunchy ones.  It tastes like toast."  Hey, what's wrong with toast?!

No comments: