Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Luke Quickie

Last night at about 8:30 we finally all gathered for family scripture study.  It had been a full day, one where we had all gone in different directions and done a lot of activities.  I had been hanging out with my sister-in-law, Molly, for most of the day, Luke went to soccer practice with Jacob, while Cindy and cousin Ana went to activity days last night and I had a primary meeting.  I felt like I hadn't really seen Luke all day, so when Jacob announced to everyone to grab a Book of Mormon I told Luke to go get me one and then sit with me in the office chair. After he grabbed the book, he started to sit on the couch and I reminded him to sit with me. As he started walking toward me, Jacob said with a smile, "No, sit with me!"  Luke stood there smiling and frozen as to what to do.  So I upped the ante and said, "Just sit with your favorite person."  He then started walking towards me, threw me the Book of Mormon and then went and sat by Jacob on the couch. What. the. heck.  Jacob was WAY too smug about this little display of treason, I mean affection. Has Jacob suddenly become the fun one?  Is he really Luke's favorite?  Or perhaps the trip to McDonald's on the way home from soccer had something to do with this...

No comments: