Monday, March 31, 2014

Temple Run



As part of a birthday promise to Cindy, we made the trek down to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday to walk through the new temple.  The drive down was pleasant and an extra bonus was that it was not 1,000 degrees down there yet!  Humid like an amazon rain forest in my shower, yes.  But not hot.  I loved the experience of being in the temple with my kids.  It was neat to get to show them the different rooms and explain why the temple is important.  Plus we got to show them a room similar to where we got married.  I think it was fun for them to finally put some sort of picture with that thought.  My parents came too and it was simply a great morning :)

(If you want to know a little more about Mormon Temples, click here.)

I also have discovered how much I love the photo editing program Picasa.  I had no idea how many cool effects you could do.  My blog pics will never be the same. 





And if you know me well, you know that whenever I travel anywhere new, I do a ton of research about local places to eat.  This time I found a place called Knucklehead Burgers and we headed there for lunch. Highly rated by TripAdvisor.com and only about 10 minutes from the temple.  The only thing I knew going in was that it was a place like Five Guys.  Well, for me, this place was way better than Five Guys. 


 I had the Rodeo Burger and it looked like this:



And it tasted like this:



image

Dad got something with jalepenos and a fried egg, so he was also in heaven with me.  A little pricey for a burger, but I think it was well worth it.


And as of Sunday I am officially the mother of a child who is double digits in age.  Cindy hit the big TEN and we celebrated the day with swedish pancakes for dinner, a donut hole cake, presents and Grandma and Grandpa Bingham.   Ten years went WAY too fast for me...












I love this kid :)





No comments: