Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Death by Taxes

Have I ever told you how much I hate doing my taxes?  
Probably because it usually goes like this...


When I remember I have to do my taxes:





When Jacob asks me where all the tax forms are so we can start:





Jacob waiting for me to find all the tax forms so we can start....



(Okay, Okay, not exactly true, but Conan is too funny to pass up.)


When I somehow manage to find all the tax forms, donation slips, car registrations, w-2s, 1099-DIVS, MISCs, INTs and Bs:






After I have entered all our income and see how much we owe:





When I get ready to put in all our deductions:





After I put in all our (apparently meaningless) deductions:





When I finally come to terms with my 2013 tax return:





Okay, maybe it didn't happen exactly like that and I took a few liberties, but I still hate doing my taxes. I think next year I will have KaRyn do them so I don't even have to know how it turns out. We just keep telling ourselves that this year all our money is going straight to the military and is buying the very bullets that will help kill a terrorist. Whatever helps us sleep at night.

No comments: