Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Luke Quickie

Just for some background, I have applied for a paraprofessional position at the kid's school.  This is pretty much my dream job.  The same schedule, the same hours as my kids and I get to work and get PAID! What?!  Needless to say, I have been incredibly anxious to hear anything from the school for about a week now.  Finally, last Thursday I finally got a call from the school. Nurse.  To tell me that Cindy had been poked in the eye and was in the clinic.  Such a mean trick to play on me!  Cindy was fine and went back to class.  I was crushed and lost a month off my life.  Friday and over the weekend I still hadn't heard anything but I kept thinking that TODAY was the day that I was finally gonna hear something!  And I did!  I got a call from the school.  Nurse.  To tell me that on the way back from music class, Luke was walking down the sidewalk and, while not paying attention, he walked into a pole and cut his forehead open.  I won't lie.  I was immediately in tears at the news.  Tears of LAUGHTER!  Oh, my sweet daydreaming boy :)  This was bound to happen to him.  He didn't need stitches, he seems to be no worse for the wear and will be back at school tomorrow just like always.  Except for the t-ball helmet.  You can't be too careful.


1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

ha ha! Literally laughing out loud so hard. Luke is always full of funny surprises. I love it! Hope his head heals quickly :)