Friday, June 4, 2010

TOP TEN REJECTED CENSUS SLOGANS

So I am pretty much wrapping up my work with the Census. I only have 3 people still working at this point- a blessed far cry from the 16 I had at one point in time, and since Jacob and Cindy will officially be done with school next Wednesday, I have decided to be officially done next Saturday. Yahoo! And what am I taking away from this experience you may ask? I will tell you.

1. A nice little nest egg of spending money.
2. A terrifying look into Government-run projects.
3. The desire to not work an actual job the rest of my life.

But most importantly, it has given me reason to write this Top Ten List. And I think we can all agree that the past 8 weeks have been worth it for this little jewel alone.

TOP TEN REJECTED SLOGANS FOR THE US CENSUS

10. Accuracy schmaccuracy!
9. Kickin' butt and takin' names! (No, really, 'cause we take down your name and stuff)
8. Enumerate this!
7. The US Census: Letting your neighbors rat you out since 1790
6. You can count on us to count you twice!
5. Collecting 96% less information about you than Facebook already has
4. You do the math! Because we're a little foggy on that part, actually
3. Two, Four, Six, Eight- hiding in your bushes is really great!
2. Becuase without us, how would you know how many immoral, lying, crooked politicians you need to represent you in the House of Representatives. Hmmmm?
1. We take the 'sense' out of Census

3 comments:

Kt said...

You've done it again. That was hilarious!

Amy said...

Keep going! These are great! Especially the Facebook one.

Mags said...

I had to show this to a friend who has definite opinions about gov't stuff and all and she LOVED it.