Friday, June 25, 2010

It's a Sign

Today marked the end of group play for the World Cup- which means the field of 32 teams has officially been narrowed to 16. And I noticed something pretty interesting about some of the teams.

Of the 16 teams to advance, included are....

Japan
Where my father-in-law served his LDS Mission











Paraguay
Where my father served his LDS Mission











Uruguay
Other country where my father served his LDS Mission







Chile


Where my brother, David, served his LDS Mission







Germany


Where my brother, Chris, served his LDS Mission








Spain



Where my brother Brian served his LDS Mission








USA










Where my husband Jacob, brothers-in-law (Nathan and Sean), and Sister-in-law (KaRyn) all served their LDS Missions.








The only countries missing are that of Peru and Ecuador, where my brother-in-law Robert and his wife Brooke served their LDS Missions, respectively. But since neither of those countries even have a team at the World Cup this year, it doesn't affect the overall record. Nanner, nanner.

Pretty cool though, huh? So far there has only been one game where there was a direct face-off, and Spain beat Chile 2-1. Sorry, Dave. (But Chile did score that goal while playing a man down, which was quite impressive.) So who is going to go all the way? Any of these teams? My bracket has Brian and his beloved Espana winning the whole thing, but if it were based on a real life soccer face-off of all my family members, the winner would definitely be

No comments: