Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Curse of the Black Stars

I am sure you heard the very depressing news about the US Soccer team at the World Cup today. We lost to Ghana. Again. And were eliminated from the World Cup. Again. By Ghana. Again. Even though we are ranked way higher than them. Seriously, we are cursed when it comes to those guys! I believe it. But, I took it upon myself to contact the team and do a little research about what went wrong today. And based on my findings, here now for you are the


TOP ELEVEN US SOCCER EXCUSES FOR LOSING TO GHANA

11. Thought that when playing below the equator the lower score wins
10. Ghana has developed a mysterious weapon called "offense"
9. Ummmm...volcanic ash?
8. Team spent the previous evening hanging out with the Los Angeles Clippers
7. They lost the ball in the sun
6. Due to the failing economy, US could only bring 7 guys
5. Turns out that you actually do need more than “heart” to win
4. Oh calm down, it's best of 7
3. Are you kidding? A victory parade back in the states in July would be way too hot
2. "Ghana was kicking us in the shins and stuff!"
1. Landon had to leave early to be on Letterman

***BONUS Excuse I just thought of that is too good to waste: "Thought it was like tennis where you have eleven hours to pull out a win"


AND When I started to write this Top Ten list, Cindy was at my side at the computer and I said out loud, "Okay, what are the excuses why the USA lost the soccer game today?" and Cindy piped up with her own top 4 list. Enjoy!

CINDY'S TOP FOUR US SOCCER EXCUSES FOR LOSING TO GHANA

4. "They were not good players"
3. "They didn’t score enough"
2. "They were not awesome"
1. "Because the other team was goodder than them"

And incidentally, Monday's Family Night lesson will be Sarcasm and the Written Word, Part 1- as well as The Correct Use of Adjectives.

1 comment:

Jen said...

She is a wicked good top ten writer. I see a great future ahead of her.

My very fav: "They were not awesome"

So, so true.