Thursday, June 17, 2010

Extra! Extra!

The results of the great postcard affair are in! I got an email from Elder Sweeney today and here it is straight from the horse’s mouth:
Well, well, well! Thank you for creating a new holiday! Those postcards couldn't’t have come at a better time. The week was very, very difficult. We had to deal with bed bugs, going to court, food poisoning that lasted a week, no water pressure, no sleep, and just a load of responsibility! So thank you all for making that happen!

I didn’t count exactly, but the assistants said I got over 50 postcards! Me and Sister Lau especially liked the one your dad sent with the classy comments about why the chicken crossed the road according to key Mormon Figures.

They were all just a lot of fun. I loved it. Thank you!

-Elder Sweeney

Have you done any good in the world today? If you sent Elder Sweeney a letter or postcard, the answer is a resounding YES. The bed bug issue he is referring to has been quite the ordeal. I have no personal experience with bed bugs, but I guess in order to eradicate them you pretty much have to throw away everything you own and then set yourself on fire. Or go back in time and be born in a different century. Something like that, anyways...

Again, great job team!! Thanks for your help. And as soon as I get my hands on a copy of that postcard my dad sent, we will all be laughing together. Unless you aren’t Mormon, in which case you will be scratching your head and feeling very confused ;)

1 comment:

Dianne Sweeney said...

Huh? I'm a little confused. Scratching my head.

LOL!!!

Dianne