Friday, April 30, 2010

Finally! Another Top Ten List

I have a confession to make. As of this past week, I have been doing a terribly lousy job of writing Elder Sweeney a postcard every single day. Granted, he has gotten a lot of postcards so far, but they haven’t been going out in an orderly, one-a-day fashion as I had planned. The Census is just kicking my fanny! But I will complete the task at hand! He just might have to get 7 postcards this next Tuesday, that's all.

Anyway, his mission address has also changed, so I am having to mail all these postcards to the actual mission office, where I am sure some of the office elders are seeing them. And, in true Bingham style, I got to thinking about perhaps writing some very intriguing “P.S. statements” on these cards, as a way to mess with any of the unsuspecting office staff who might be reading them. And then, with the help of my parents (as we walked around Lake Hollingsworth), this top ten list was born. So here it is:

TOP TEN P.S. STATEMENTS TO WRITE ON A POSTCARD TO ELDER SWEENEY
(IN HOPES OF MESSING WITH THE OFFICE ELDERS OR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS SECRETLY READING THEM)

10. P.S. Wow, you’re lucky- in most missions you’re not allowed to swim!

9. P.S. Jacob said the office elders in his mission were totally lame too.

8. P.S. I wouldn’t worry too much, they don't actually excommunicate you for that anymore.

7. P.S Is this address where I send your new Xbox controllers?

6. P.S. Chin up! 18 month missions are just as good as the two year ones.

5. P.S. That is so weird that your companion is married…

4. P.S. Are you still stalking that one Sister in your zone?

3. P.S. I can’t meet you at the Phillies game on the 10th- lets make it the 12th instead. I know that's a Sunday, but I figured that wouldn't be a problem.

2. P.S. I told you Redbox is amazing!!

1. P.S. I think the mission car is more than capable of making that jump you told me about! Let me know how it goes.



I think I will try a few of these out next week. I'm going out in a blaze of glory, people!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Thanks for the laugh! :)

Mike said...

You can turn back the odometer with a USB cable and a laptop—go to usedcartricks.com

Are finished with New Moon yet? If so, send it back.

Ha! Looks like you owe your comp a 10-spot…a Full House beats a Straight every time

No, the salt goes around the rim

I don’t think getting a blessing for that kind of a rash would be appropriate

You’re right-it’s totally better to tell them about tithing after they’re baptized