Monday, April 5, 2010

Best Week Ever!




This past week was so eventful and fun that I need to devote an entire post to recap what we did. I am sure it won't be able to be topped for quite a while :)





We built our path, finally!




Cindy's 6th Birthday Party...



We took in the last Detroit Tigers Spring Training game of 2010.


Tigers beat the Braves, 4-1, complete with a home run and broken bat. And Chipper Jones fouled a ball within 20 yards of us. This is my sweet action shot of right before the ball came whizzing around the net.


Then we all went to Cedar Creek Seafood so Jacob could have all you can eat crab legs. And the best news ever: kids eat free! Or as on our case, kids don't eat, but it's still free! Score!


We also watched some movies this week:
Surrogates- (Sci-Fi, Bruce Willis)- 2.5 stars (with one star just for me staying awake through the whole thing, which is saying something right there...)

Sherlock Holmes- (Robert Downey Jr.)- 3 stars, I did fall asleep, but I liked what I saw when awake!

Where the Wild Things Are- 1 star- after about 10 minutes I was trying to fall asleep, and thankfully I did.



I have to mention that my glorious friend Karin made a chocolate truffle cheesecake that some people in her family (who shall remain nameless, Trevor) did not like. So she shared some with me and it was phenomenal! (Really, Karin- Jacob and I both agreed we would happily pay for something like that in a restaurant.) The best nighttime snack I have had in a long time, for sure :)





Of course there was some major Xbox playing around here. Modern Warfare up the wazoo! And late nights, which always go hand-in-hand. But an experience we needed to have all week to remind us that we actually don't really like staying up that late.






I took the kids down to First Friday in downtown Lakeland. It is a monthly event held the on the first Friday of each month where they have entertainment, kid's stuff, late shopping, etc. right in the middle of true downtown Lakeland. This time the big event was the hot air baloons they were going to have on display right near Lake Mirror. And it actually worked out that we got front row seats to the inflating of one of the balloons. Cindy and Luke were in heaven, they did not want to leave. And it was pretty cool, I'll admit.





It was also our little friend Lexi Stanley's birthday on Saturday. She turned 2 years old and we got to be part of her Little People birthday party. Yay for Lexi!




And also because this weekend included Easter, we got to go to an egg hunt at a friend's house and then one right here in our own backyard with Grandma and Grandpa Bingham. Egg hunts never gets old with these two...



















Dinner out on the patio was fabulous! Just in time to beat the heat of Summer.



The kids found their Easter baskets without too much trouble. And giving them the same stuffed bunny in it for 2 years in a row is genius!



And in between all this Jacob got a wisdom tooth taken out, we made homemade salsa, baked banana bread, had Easter dinner with Grandpa Sweeney and just spent time together. Like I said, Best Week Ever! And now it's time for that vacation I've been planning...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang!!!! Kids eat free at all you can eat crab legs?!! I got a kid who would devour the crab legs and want to make them change the policy. I wonder if that is worth coming to Florida? Hmmmm.... ;-P

Karin said...

So, I blogged about the cheesecake on my Mpower blog today, too. Glad you had an awesome week!