Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More Cindyisms

The other night Cindy and I read a book that basically gave the message that you should always try something first before you can decide whether or not you really like it. So at the end I tried to put in another feeble plug for going to the dentist. (Cindy is TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. She literally cries if I even suggest the idea.) So I said to her, "See, it's like going to the dentist. You have to go one time at least and then you can decide if you like it or not." She immediately got very quiet and very worried. Then she finally said, "How about this, Mom? I will go to the dentist when I am 11. Deal?" Always thinkin'- that is my Cindy.

Cindy was watching the Care Bears II movie on Netflix the other day. In the movie there is this evil boy named Dark Heart who is very mean to everyone. (yes, the movie is sort of like a documentary...) As Cindy is watching this movie and this boy is being mean, I can see her face getting very angry and upset and finally she says to me, "I wish I was in that movie because if I was, I would spank Dark Heart in the face!" She was so serious that I felt bad when I stood there laughing at her. I couldn't help it.

Jacob was reading scriptures the other night with Cindy. They were talking about angels, and Jacob made the statement that "Angels can do anything." To which Cindy immediately asked, "Can they make pie?" They make awesome cake, I don't see why not...

Last Saturday morning I got up before everyone else and went running. So when I got home it was about 7:30 and Cindy was at the table eating some breakfast. I came in the kitchen door, sweaty and breathing hard. When Cindy turned around and saw me, she said to me (totally confused, but completely serious), "Were you running all night?" As a matter of fact, yes, I was.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are hilarious. You can post more of those any old time!

Karin said...

Cindy is amazing!!! :)