Sunday, September 4, 2016

Time Marches On

I mentioned to Jacob today that I was planning on giving up the blog.  I simply don't have the time right now to really keep on top of it.  He was totally offended!  And basically commanded me to keep blogging.  So I will press on.  One reason in particular that I feel strapped for time is that I now work full time as a para at South McKeel Academy.  After subbing there all last year, I interviewed to be hired full time and wouldn't you know it, they chose me.  I have been assigned to the seven teachers of the 3rd grade team, which has proved to be a wonderful fit considering my own child was in 3rd grade last year and I am very familiar with all of them.  I get to take the kids to school, bring them home, see them during classes, give Luke a spork everyday while I work my shift in the lunchroom- it's seriously cool.  The pay is beyond awful, but as with all things in education, what they don't pay you in money, they pay you in time and I am extremely grateful to have all of us on the same schedule with summers off.  Plus, starting Nov. 1st I will have decent health insurance again for the first time in 12 years!  I'm thinking of getting a little shoulder surgery; maybe some preventive care.   It's the little things in life :)

No comments: