Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Speed Racer

Lest you think that Cindy is having all of the running fun around this place, here is proof that Luke is getting in on the act. Over the weekend he ran his first official race, the Pumpkin Fun Run in Bartow.  It was a half mile race for ages 7 to 12 and it took place around a lake behind my old high school.  (Wow, if anyone had told me during my senior year of high school that one day I was gonna bring back my own son for a race around what was then the underclassmen parking lot, I would have said, Do I know you?)  I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Luke seemed neither excited nor terrified. Which, when you think about it, is a very Luke way to feel.   



The calm before the storm





Surprise! Ben (and Nathan) showed up!





I dare you to find Luke in this picture at the starting line...



After a little walking and stopping to help a kid who fell down (twice), Luke made it home!





After it was over I asked Luke, "How was it?"  He replied, "Boring."  
Yes, he is my child. But he wore his race shirt and his medal the rest of the day :)

Nice photobomb, Dad


No comments: