Friday, December 21, 2012

'Twas The Week Before Christmas

It's finally the last day of school before Christmas break!  Having Thanksgiving come so early this year has really made everything seem a little off this year.  Christmas has seemed so far away and then as of today I feel like it's in five minutes. Weird.

Here's a few of the highlights from the week...

Wednesday I kept Luke home from school because of an earache and some puking.  I have learned again and again that my children treat vomiting like sneezing.  A momentary interruption in what they are doing and nothing more.  I will be forever grateful for their lack of drama.  I don't know why I deserve this gift, but it's wonderful.  Luke even let me give him a haircut after puking that morning.



Then he took a bubble bath.  Complete with goatee.




And shockingly blue water.  I let my kids add food coloring to the water just for fun, but this time I used some Wilton professional food coloring and wow!  That stuff is potent.



Yesterday I went to help in Luke's class for "Polar Express" Day.  They watch the movie, all the kids get to wear their pajamas and they have hot chocolate, etc.  I was told by the teacher that I could wear my pajamas too (as she was going to do the same), so I got mine out of the attic and washed them and proudly wore them.  Although, out of 5 parents I was the ONLY one who wore their pajamas.  Seriously?  It's a burden to be this cool sometimes.  Even better was that afterward I went straight to the lunchroom to eat with Cindy and then I REALLY was the only parent around wearing pajamas.  Doesn't matter what they thought though, because Cindy loved it :)



Miss Paladino gave all the kids holiday scarves as a gift. So cute! And this is why I would suck royally as a teacher.  I never think of things like that.

And can you believe the weather turned cold enough for Luke to actually wear the scarf today????
(maybe it is the end of the world....)


Brian and Kelly are here!  My kids are so excited and just like clockwork Cindy has already begun treating me like dirt.  Kelly: IN.  Mom: So far OUT, there is no classification.  And could Kelly's baby bump be any more adorable? No.  Little LaFawnduh is going to be precious :)


Finally, today is Jacob's official last day of being a teacher at Auburndale High School.  He has been there for the past six years but recently took the opportunity to switch schools and be closer to home.  So close that he will now be teaching right down the street!  Very excited for him to not be taking the toll road to work every morning :)  He had been holding out in telling most people that he was leaving, but over this past week he told all the staff (of course the principal already knew for weeks) and then eventually all his students.  He was a little surprised at their pronounced disappointment that he was leaving.  He said he even had a girl cry.  (Losing your eye candy can be very difficult!)  Jacob is a great teacher.  Having strong, male role models as teachers in our schools is becoming more and more rare.  I am really proud to be married to a teacher.  I believe his influence on those kids is far greater than he will ever know.  I'm glad his chosen professions allow him to follow his desire to really connect with people.  He can always look back and know that he made a difference.  I think that's pretty cool :)




1 comment:

Mags said...

Yay for no toll roads! Does this mean he will also coach at the new school?