Monday, September 5, 2011

A Luke Quickie

Last Friday night the kids got to go to a school sponsored Lakeland Tigers minor league baseball game with Karl and DeAnne. Jacob and I couldn't go because we were out at Auburndale High School for a faculty BBQ and also so I could begin my yearly job of taking tickets at the football games. Anyway, grandparents are so AWESOME! They took the kids to the game and had a great time. When we came and picked up the kids later that night DeAnne told me that Luke ended up getting a bobblehead doll at the game and he really, really liked it. So on the way home in the car, I told Luke I wanted to see it. It was in a small box and in between two pieces of styrafoam, so I had to slide it out, and then pry it apart. As I did this, Luke was in the backseat in his carseat, and he says to me while smiling really big, "Isn't that so cool, it's just like when Han comes out of the carbonite!"


p.s. Luke actually broke the arm off the bobblehead doll the next day and it got thrown away. Please don't ever tell him this.

No comments: