Sunday, September 11, 2011

3,652 Days Ago

First, I just want to say that I acknowledge that today is the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. There is nothing really that I could say that would be any more moving or eloquent than others have already said. Just for the sake of writing it down, I was riding in the car to work with Jacob down I-15 in Utah when we heard Bob Lonsberry on 1160AM say that there were reports of a "small commuter jet" hitting one of the World Trade Center towers. By the time I got to work and near a television we sadly knew that that initial report was not accurate. The rest of that day was horrible. I honestly don't like remembering it. I literally get knots in my stomach when I let myself think about sitting upstairs in the work conference room watching the towers fall on live television. And what is most weird to me is that Cindy was not born when that happened. Life before her is mostly a blur, but this one memory is absolutely crystal clear. I love this country with all my heart and hope we never experience anything even close that ever again.


Anyway, on that somber note, who wants to talk about cereal???!!


As a public service to both my readers, I have volunteered myself to be the canary in the coal mine. Anytime there is a new chocolate cereal I will try it out first and give you my full review. Plus, the New Chocolate Cap'n Crunch cereal happened to be BOGO two weeks ago so it was obviously meant to be.

I will be rating the cereal on a scale of one to ten, with a break down of the exact criteria so you know what I am looking for. I should mention that all Chocolate cereals begin with an automatic 5 points. It is owed to them just for existing.



Chocolate Cap'n Crunch Total Score: 6
Chocolateyness: Not so much :(
Texture: Just as hearty as regular CC, but you gotta eat quick! Those Soggies come at you pretty fast.
Milk aftermath: Didn't really want to drink the milk, which is some sort of crime against dairy, if I recall


I was really hoping that this cereal was going to be better, but I just wasn't blown away. It tasted too much like regular Cap'n Crunch. I just didn't get a good, clear and distinct chocolate flavor from it. I think the Cap'n needs to stick to his glorious Peanut Butter Crunch. That cereal alone is worthy of winning him the Nobel Peace Prize. What? If Obama is capable of the Nobel prize, clearly, ANYONE can win one.

And it wouldn't be a true blog project unless I was able to subject my family to the torture. They were all SO excited! Especially Jacob. Man, his enthusiasm was off the chain!!!



Cindy thought it was amazing. I think she was just rating the experience of getting to eat cereal as a family after dinner on a school night.



I tried and tried to get Luke to say a number to express his feelings, but it absolutely confused him to no end. So we will say "good" equals about an 8?



As soon as a magical coupon appears, I will give you my full review of Coco Puffs Brownie Explosion. Ah, heck, you know I can't wait for a coupon! I will get on that right away...

No comments: