Friday, October 10, 2008

It's the Final Countdown


So I am about 18 hours away from the Tri and I am FREAKING OUT!! Okay, not totally, but the anticipation is definitely starting to build. I starting packing all my gear in my backpack. Towels, goggles, socks, powerbar, gator repellent, pocket machete, you know, standard gear. Tonight is also the first-timers "workshop" so I can get all 287 of my burning questions answered (I do have quite a few...) Then me and Susie and Michelle are going to drive the bike route in the car, just to see what we are up against, and then it is out to dinner at Crisper's for something light and healthy- if we can avoid the cookies. I have to get up at- wow, I almost can't even say it- gulp! 4:15am to pick up the girls and be there by 5:30am for check-in and body marking. Even as I am typing this I can feel my heart pounding. I am really excited, though. It will be fun to see how it all plays out. From the weather, the actual experience of swimming in a lake, who shows up to watch, will I cramp or not, will I get accidentally disqualified for something??? So many scenarios. But ready or not, Here I Come! (I only put this picture of me in there to completely lower your expectations. That way, when I finish the triathlon without dying you will all be pleasantly surprised. It's all about strategy.)

4 comments:

Jen said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I wish I could be there... watching of course... or even participating as an alligator sniper... but there NEVERTHELESS!

Karin said...

Hope that everything is awesome! We are praying for you!

Amy said...

You can DO it! I am sure all those ab crunches you did in our windowless college retreat will put you way ahead of the rest!

Kt said...

Soooo, how did it go????