Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Lizard Saga Continues...And so does the Training

So, that lizard is still in my fake tree. We pretty much have decided to do nothing about him and think that one day he will just drop dead and then we can toss him out. That's the way we do things around here in Vermin Pansie-ville.

On a different note, I am still very earnestly training for my Sprint Triathlon on October 11, 2008. I have a 13 week plan that I am sticking to right now. It is all based on increasing the number of minutes you do for each activity, so for this week, I did the following: Monday- ran 20 min and swam 15 min, Tuesday I biked 30 min, Wednesday was an off day- but I did do my good ol' 8 Minute Abs and Arms- yep, still have it, still doing it. Today is another run for 20, Friday is swimming for 30 min, and Saturday is biking for 45 min. Jacob has full reign on my dad's mountain bike now that my dad had knee replacement surgery and is out of commission for a while, so we go together on Saturdays. Since I will never catch him on that bike, it is great training for me. Plus, I train with my old mountain bike carrying a child seat, so it is gonna be sweet to finally (maybe) get a real bike that is 25 pounds lighter! I will be like a feather, floating on the wind, without a care in the world....Except the care of making sure I don't die of exhaustion, dehydration or simply getting hit by a car. The one thing I will say is that I fall asleep faster at night than I ever have in my life. It is very draining to demand this much of my body. I did purcase some swim goggles yesterday. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wish I had a little lizard for my ficus tree...