Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I Shall Call Him, Houdini

Last weekend the kids and I took a bike ride down to feed our goat friends once again, and as Luke was the first to round the corner, he yelled, "COW!!!"  Sure enough, one of the cows from the Ag department had escaped and was enjoying a lovely afternoon gallivanting around the practice track and beyond.  I didn't really think too much of it, I mean, he really wasn't going anywhere, but I did wonder how long he would be out until someone noticed.  We decided to keep our distance and go on with our normal feeding routine.  Which worked out fine until the cow started to do a little dance and run towards us!  I know it was just a cow and not a charging bull, but any loose animal over about 50 pounds scares the crap out of me, so we all got on our bikes and took off.  Luckily he did not pursue. Eventually he was blocking the exit of how we normally get home so we felt like hostages for a time, and  in the end we decided to take the very long way home.  This experience has completely scarred poor Luke, who was shaking, near tears and losing about two years off his life every time the cow would even start to move in our direction.  Note to self:  Cancel the cow birthday cake you ordered for him...










No comments: