Sunday, February 10, 2013

While You Were Sleeping


Yesterday I took a short nap, and when I awoke, Luke was very excited to show me his latest hand-crafted creation.  I admit, I did not recognize it right off the bat, but as soon as he told me it was Rosa Parks, I saw it immediately. It was the googly eyes that gave it away.  (I took this picture with my tablet camera, so the quality is not the best.)  If you have ever been a teacher of little kids and you have ever wondered whether they are listening to anything you say and then secretly hoping that at least ONE is getting something from you, well, that one is Luke.  He actually told me many things about Rosa Parks, including the fact that she didn't finish high school until she was 21.  And now I have officially celebrated Black History Month for 2013.

No comments: