Saturday, September 9, 2017

Irma (Jacob)

I think we need to live blog Hurricane Irma. I am sick of all the news so a real life report on actual events are needed.

It started last Monday (Labor day 9/4) when the track of the storm looked like it might actually hit Florida.  Jessica texted me and we were some of first to fill up on gas. We had just done our grocery shopping for a few weeks so we had plenty of food. We got the generator out to make sure it still ran and finally opened the propane tanks in the shed. I picked up a free grill from the side of the road (we were currently without one because we never used our old ones and threw them out, but because the power might go out I thought I should pick one up. Being free on the side of the road was just a perk.)

We cleaned everything out of the yard and took down the tramp.  We think we are good to go.

So while the news has you believe that it's mass hysteria. Here is what we are up to today.

Jessica has been doing yoga. This was what she was doing. 

This is what she did after she learned I was taking pictures.

Cindy has spent the time in the bathroom.

Okay she has spent the time on her phone

Luke has been playing Overwatch and Roblox

Me, I replaced the leaking parts toilet in master bath. Reading my latest book - What Drives Winning, eating way too much food, and catching up on season 7 of Walking Dead.  Speaking of which, it's time for a walk right now.

On a serious note, we are so grateful for the family and friends who have reached out to us and offered safe places to stay. We are so blessed!  We feel prepared and pray for the Lords protection.


No comments: