Wednesday, September 13, 2017

3 Stories from Irma

1.  As we were finishing up our yard cleanup, a man on a giant Dixie Chopper riding lawn mower came riding up the street and offered to mulch up and mow the last of the leaves and small branches Jacob was raking.  Heck yeah!  It was awesome.  He finished up the last of our work in about 60 seconds and then drove away and down the next street to find more people to help.  So cool!




2.  Yesterday the kids and I went to my parent's house to clean up their yard. I drove over with the kids and Jacob decided to run there for his exercise of the day.  As we were driving home he mentioned that he had passed a giant broken limb on the sidewalk that was from an avocado tree and it was FULL of avocados.  We decided to drive back by and see if it was still there.  It was, but there was a clean up crew coming and picking up all the branches, so very quickly Jacob and Cindy picked up as many as they could and now we own 22 avocados.  




3.  Monday while we were sitting outside in the driveway enjoying the cool weather and waiting for our power to come back on, a guy in a truck drove up and parked right in front of our house.  He got out and yelled to me, "I was never here.  You never saw me.  I'm supposed to be home sleeping."  I had no idea what that was supposed to mean, but he then proceeded to get out a yellow extending pole and run it up to the transformer on our electrical pole.  He used it to pull down a little cylindrical part that was hanging off the wire.  Then he went to his truck and got a new part that looked exactly like it.  He put it on the pole, extended it up and snapped it into place.  AND WE HAD POWER! There was audible cheering from the houses on either side of us and our whole family gave him a standing ovation.  I kinda pieced together that he lived in our area and was off duty from the power company but saw our problem and knew it was an easy fix for us.  He kept saying, "I was never here. You didn't see that."  I wanted to take a picture, but I honestly didn't want to get him in trouble.  So there you have it!  The only explanation is either a. He was one of the 3 Nephites or b. I momentarily turned into Brian and something miraculous and helpful immediately happened to me.   


No comments: