Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Hear The Mighty Thunder

Softball continues to rock on for Cindy and her team.  They are still undefeated and Cindy is still batting slightly above .800.  She has gotten a lot better at putting some power behind her swing, so if we can just get her to start sprinting instead of jogging like peglegged sloth, she will be that much better. 

I would also like to mention that I am deliriously in love with daylight savings and not getting home from softball games and having it be pitch black and feel like the dead of night. Spring ball is where it's AT!


A few pictures for the old Sweeneyville archives:


 
 

 
I have nicknamed her "Red Sox" because these are the only ones she will wear.  She is oblivious to the fact that there is a famous team with this name, so everytime I call her this, she crinkles her brow and thinks I am a dork.  You know, like when I say anything, really.
 





 
She played first base last night for an inning or two and this was the ball that went right under her glove and rolled into the outfield :(  But I guess there is no better way to learn to keep your glove all the way down than gloriously missing.
  

 
She was embarrassed about that missed play but she quickly forgot all about it when we hit the snack bar after the game.  Boiled peanuts, anyone?
 

1 comment:

Mags said...

Oh! I miss boiled peanuts. I forgot all about them until this picture. It is a VERY southern thing or else not a PNW thing at all. Good job with softball Cindy!