Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You gotta Love Craigslist



So I have some projects around my house that I thought I would advertise on Craigslist. Then I would have people give me bids and if I thought anyone was a good deal, then voila! the work was their's. So first up was my ad "So who wants to cut down this disgusting tree/bush?"- because as it happens, I have this disgusting, nasty, overgrown, retarded crape myrtle tree that I can't stand and want gone. So, I posted it on a Monday afternoon and got so many responses that I took it off that night. No lie, this is the first response I got- and I quote:

"i fu want it dwn and villiage pick it up 500. i have no mean haul away i neet it near road u call village they will come get it"

Does that make any sense to you? $500 to cut down a bush?? Really?? The other part of craigslist that I love is the barter section, where you can see what people want and what they will trade you for it- the best ones I have seen lately include:

Approx 9ft Albino Snake/ Wanna trade for????
Home made trailer....too lazy to finish....$50
Exercize Gym....too lazy to use...$200 (Maybe that was from the same guy!)
You wrap my van, I do eyeglasses for your family!
airboat for hot dog cart
Metal detector/trade for 8 ft dingy (Jen, you need a metal detector?)
SANDING FOR STUFF!!!!


Ahhh, good times in Polk County.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think my dingy is 12 ft.. maybe 15... but a metal detector would be SWEET!!!! Hours of fun!!!

I'm pretty sure that guy would do anything for your village for $500 bucks.... you get all the good guys.