Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Horror of Not Having the Internet

Our Verizon Internet was disconnected about a week ago so that we could switch over to Bright House. Bright House is already so much more lame because they cannot come and hook up the Internet service until July 1st. This has made for pretty much the most uncomfortable 2 1/2 weeks of my life. I realize that pretty much everything that I do, all the information I need- recipes, reciepts, coupons, weather radar, movie times, EVERYTHING is on the Internet. I am completely lost without it. Not to mention that I cannot post to my blog. Even now I am at my very kind Mother-in-law's house to make this post. But alas, I can't even put a picture with this! Well, not one of my own anyway.... I can't waste time with online games, I can't use instant messenger to see what everyone is up to, I can't read the MSN homepage every morning while I eat my cold cereal. It is basically my newspaper. No Facebook to publish a status change, no logging into my bank website to make sure we didn't go over the budget, no being allowed to see if I have library books overdue, no way to get thier phone number if I need to just, gasp!, actually call them! Oh, yes, life without the Internet is just plain awful. I feel so disconnected, so out of touch, like I am living under a rock!! I mean, what am I? A missionary??!

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's like you're in prison or something! What kind of nazi pinko communists are you dealing with?

Kt said...

You miss the Internet? The Internet misses you, my friend! Come back. And I thought I had it bad having to ride UTA all over town...a car I can live without, but no Internet? That's a deal-breaker.

Kt said...

P.S. That was my first-ever blog comment! (Could you tell?)