Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Big 30 Has Never Looked Better!


So Jacob is thirty years old today and in the best shape of his life. I couldn't be prouder! I am, however, a little worried by the fact that if he is thirty now, this means that yours truly will be 30 years old in a mere 7 months! Time is inevitably passing way too fast for me. But the good news is that 30 still feels really young. When I was younger and thought about being 30, I imagined myself as a totally lame adult. One that didn't listen to current music, only watched PBS, was kinda out of shape from having kids, ate oatmeal every morning for breakfast and didn't let their kids do anything even remotely fun. And yet here I am on the cusp of being right there and I find myself married to a DJ who has the latest top 40 music shipped to him each month, watching all kinds of movies every week from Netflix, training 5 days a week for a sprint triathlon, eating waffles, cocoa pebbles, and lucky charms whenever I want for breakfast- which sometimes means for dinner, and my kids each have their own harleys and tatoos. Okay, not really, just checking to see if you were still with me and paying attention. Seriously, my kids have dance parties with club lights for FHE- Cindy has been to Hawaii TWICE and she is 4- and they both stay up past their bedtime pretty much 7 days a week. So I am not your boring, hum-drum 30 year old pantywaste! No sir-ee bob! (although using that phrase would tell you otherwise) I am rockin out', renegade, wolf in sheep's clothing 30 year old! So take that, world! I gotta get to bed now, though. It is after 9 o'clock!

No comments: